Ellipsis 7 Android Version 4.4.2. Background data restricted and won't play videos
bhabony

I have an Ellipsis 7 Android Version 4.4.2.  When I click on Play store it says background data disabled.  I also can no longer view any videos on the internet.  I went to a verizon service center and they had no clue and told me to factory reset, which I did about a month ago and now it is doing it again.  Frustrated!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 7 Android Version 4.4.2. Background data restricted and won't play videos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bhabony,

I'm sure this is a big inconvience for you. Let's review this together. In your settings you should be able to enable your background data service. Please go to your settings, then to data usage, and at the top right you should see the menu option. In this tab you will see restrict background data. This will allow you to turn the service on or off for background data.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 7 Android Version 4.4.2. Background data restricted and won't play videos
bhabony

I am disappointed that you do not know your own products. If you did, you would know that under settings, data usage, top right hand corner menu has only two options, "auto-sync data" which is checked and "show Wi-Fi usage" which is not checked. I am still showing "background data disabled" when trying to open Google Play Store and videos will still not play while using data internet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting us know it's still not working, Bhabony. Have you tried running the device in safe mode to solve the issue? You can find out how to restart the device in safe mode by going here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-160956/ . Let us know if you're able to view videos while in safe mode.

TimothyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bhabony

No it still does not work in safe mode. Also, some additional information, my facebook says can't connect right now. When I put it in safe mode, facebook loads for about 3 seconds and then shuts off.

0 Likes
bhabony

So.....end of tech support?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly apologize for the delay, bhabony. The concern you described while trying to load Facebook in Safe Mode is completely normal. Safe Mode restricts the ability for 3rd party applications to run so that we can determine if it's a setting causing the background data error or if it's an application. I’d like to ask that you go into Settings> App Manager> All> Settings> Clear Data. Also select Google Play Store and Clear Data on the application itself in this App Manager. Then we can go back into Settings> Data Usage> Menu> and the option to select “Restrict background data” should be back >turn off (if it’s already off, toggle it on then off again). 

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bhabony

Again, I wish to share my frustration that this is the second time you have asked me to perform a task on my specific product that is not available. Again, how can you not know what my tablet does or does not have? It is a Verizon tablet!!! Very frustrated and looking to switch companies altogether and go to a company that knows their products. My tablet DOES NOT have an app manager under settings!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 7 Android Version 4.4.2.  Background data restricted and won't play videos
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be called Apps.

Screenshot_2016-03-15-20-27-27.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bhabony

The only menu items I have under "APPS" is sort by size, sort by date, reset app preferences, and multiple uninstall. Note that resetting app preferences does not fix my problem.

0 Likes