Ellipsis 7 stuck on android screen
furert
Enthusiast - Level 1

After rebooting several times my Ellipsis 7 wont boot past the Android screen. Is there a hard reset I can get to?  Not sure what caused this behavior.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 7 stuck on android screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That is definitely not good, furert. We definitely want to make sure you have a working tablet. We can help review replacement options for your tablet if it is still under warranty. If you like, reach out to customer support at 1-800-922-0204.   I will also send you a Follow request. Please accept it, and move your mouse cursor over my avatar to follow me back. This way you can send us a DM for further assistance.  NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying to reboot your device to resolve this, furert. It was a great idea! Do you recall any recent changes to the tablet? Were you accessing anything in particular when it started to behave like this? Since your tablet is not allowing you to get to the main screen, there are alternate reset steps at http://vz.to/1FKdoev that you can try. I would also recommend making sure your tablet has been plugged into a charger for a few hours to avoid the battery from draining before the reset is complete.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
furert
Enthusiast - Level 1

No changes that I'm aware of. My daughter uses it and she's 6. She went to turn it on and that's all the farther the start up will get to. Will look at the link and try it.

0 Likes
furert
Enthusiast - Level 1

The device will not power down. It is stuck right after the android screen with just a backlight and that's it. If I hold both the power and the volume button it just reboots and gets to the same point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps, furert. Did you try to continue holding the Volume Down and Power button even while it rebooted? It can take as much as a full minute of holding both buttons down for the 'Welcome' part to appear before you can release the keys. Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the device that you can see?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
furert
Enthusiast - Level 1

No liquid damage and it sets on the stand by the charger all the time. Will try and hold the buttons longer and see if there's any difference when it restarts. Will see if I can get the welcome screen to pop up. Haven't had any luck at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please keep us posted, furert!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
furert
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally let it die enough that I got it to reboot and clear emmc. After it formatted data. It still will not boot past the powered by Android screen. I give up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That is definitely not good, furert. We definitely want to make sure you have a working tablet. We can help review replacement options for your tablet if it is still under warranty. If you like, reach out to customer support at 1-800-922-0204.   I will also send you a Follow request. Please accept it, and move your mouse cursor over my avatar to follow me back. This way you can send us a DM for further assistance.  NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes