Eris 2.1 Update HTC Weather Issue
MRichM
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the update,  the HTC weather application presents some error message (too fast to read) and then reloads HTC Sense.   The HTC weather widget works just fine.  The problem only occurs when lauching the application.   Any ideas, other than load some other weather application?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Eris 2.1 Update HTC Weather Issue
MRichM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fixed!  I have resolved the program.  Under Home, Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications - I cleared all data associcated with the HTC weather applications and this has resolved the problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MRichM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update on the error message:  "The application Weather (process com.htc.Weather) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. "  A force close button appears but is useless as the app closes itself then reboots senses.

0 Likes
Jwyatt

I'm having the same issue...

0 Likes
MRichM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fixed!  I have resolved the program.  Under Home, Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications - I cleared all data associcated with the HTC weather applications and this has resolved the problem. 

0 Likes
cmill1014

This still didn't work for me, any other ideas.  I'm using wheather channel for now.

0 Likes
stdywell

I, too, am unable to get the weather app to work even after trying the method mentioned above

0 Likes
agreenleaf

The method above worked for me. Make sure you are clearing the data from the application called "HTC Weather Provider". There is another htc weather process in the list.

0 Likes
stdywell

Got it. Missed clearing data from one.

0 Likes
hornetjockey

The fix that worked for me specifically:

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Weather Provider/Clear Data

Then go to:

Settings/Accounts & sync/Weather/sync now

0 Likes