Eris battery charge
ksd

I wonder if someone could tell me if there is a best way to charge the Eris battery that helps it to maintain a longer charge?

After two good phone calls of at least 30 min each, battery is kaput!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Eris battery charge
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

ksd wrote:

I wonder if someone could tell me if there is a best way to charge the Eris battery that helps it to maintain a longer charge?

did you look at turning off some functions like gps, background data, or "use wireless networks", all found in your settings. (i am referring to the motorola droid on these settings, but you should have similar settings).  by turning off these functions you can save some battery power.

also, is you screen really bright, you might want to decrease it.  there is an app that will actually increase the brightness if your surroundings require it.

if these options dont apply to you then you might have a defective battery and/or defective phone. you should return it if you are within your 30 days or get it fixed by sending it to HTC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

ksd wrote:

did you look at turning off some functions like gps, background data, or "use wireless networks", all found in your settings. (i am referring to the motorola droid on these settings, but you should have similar settings).  by turning off these functions you can save some battery power.

also, is you screen really bright, you might want to decrease it.  there is an app that will actually increase the brightness if your surroundings require it.

if these options dont apply to you then you might have a defective battery and/or defective phone. you should return it if you are within your 30 days or get it fixed by sending it to HTC.

0 Likes
ksd

Thanks, I have done all you suggested, but hadn't thought to take it back as perhaps defective... tomorrow a trip to the Verizon store!  Also, will write to HTC for their input.

0 Likes