Eris moisture indicator
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I have searched and cannot find a definitive answer anywhere...

Can anyone tell me what a "clean" moisture indicator is supposed to look like?

I have seen some notices that it is white if unaffected and some notices that it is white with red criss-cross lines if it is unaffected.

I have not gotten my phone wet at all, it has not even been in the bathroom while I showered but my indicator is white with red criss-cross lines on it and if it is supposed to be solid white and the lines indicate is has gotten moist it would mean that I got the phone at a VZW store with the moisture indicator already showing it got wet!

Thanks All!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Eris moisture indicator
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

If its good, then it's white with red hash/cross lines... if its bad, its a solid red.

There's one on the battery too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
That's a darn good question for which I don't have a darn good answer. I can tell you that the indicators on both mine and my wife's Eris's are white with red criss crosses, although not quite the same shade, and neither have been exposed to any more moisture than what accumulates in your pocket.
0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Try Googling using your subject line. Seems different manufacturers use different indicators and there is usually at least one on the phone and one on the battery. Some also have indicators in places you cannot see without taking the phone apart.

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

logicman wrote:

Try Googling using your subject line. Seems different manufacturers use different indicators and there is usually at least one on the phone and one on the battery. Some also have indicators in places you cannot see without taking the phone apart.

logic, been there, done that! I have searched and searched and I cannot find anything on the Eris...I find plenty on the Moto Droid (white with red x's is a healthy moisture indicator), but not the Eris.

0 Likes
anchor328

Is this an app? 

Oh noes! I think I suffer from crack-droid.

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

WOW!! Over 100 people have viewed this thread since I posted it and nobody knows what the moisture indicator is supposed to look like!

Anybody else think this is strange?

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

If its good, then it's white with red hash/cross lines... if its bad, its a solid red.

There's one on the battery too.

0 Likes
frayed
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dam I thought I was going to be the one to answer this one but it looks like Kenu beat me to it . He is wright I had a Lg phone back in the day that the speakers blew out on and as I was in the verizon store I noticed the red criscross on the indicator. I thought they were going to tell me I was **bleep** but they instead said that is what it should look like if it is dry. they replaced my phone and all was well

0 Likes
frayed
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are referring to a sticker in the battery compartment that changes from white w/ red crisscross to solid red when it gets wet.

(don't you wish she would do that)

0 Likes
Kitten_Call
Mmm could not help but notice the title, with no clue as to what this means But the description reminds me of a pregnancy test result lol Quite a functionality for a phone, congrats you may be expexting Puurr
0 Likes