Re: Eris update + freezing, required to pull battery to fix
astrospec1126
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd swap it for another one

0 Likes
maidmoron

I would agree. Or try taking out the battery to reset it a few times.

The last update (december) made my Eris freeze up. But after pulling out the battery to reset a few times, it doesn't do it anymore.

0 Likes
skiera2

I've had my phone since January 4th 2010 and it's frozen on my 3 times during the last week!  The first two time I was able to unfreeze it by holding all the buttons down multiple times and fianlly it just unlocked.  But today I had to take the battery out as so many people said they had to do.

This is rediculous that this issue hasn't been resolved yet!   Have other people had such a hard time exhanging the phone in a Verizon store??!

0 Likes
Inna

Hey,

I already replied in another forum about how my Eris continuously freezes up (even after the latest update). Have been waiting for any kind of reply- but no one (from the company) has bothered...

It's way more than annoying now. It's become down-right frustrating. With the amount of money paid for the phone, you want to hope that your issue is addressed quickly, but that just doesn't seem to be the case. Calling the reps and talking to the ones in the store haven't helped at all either.

When will this issue be resolved once and for all??

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

I've had the Eris since 11/6 and it's locked up... maybe 3 times altogether; twice before the update and once after.

Have the users having this issue completely reset the device and re-formatted the micro-sd card? I dont think there's an issue with the core device, I think its all the crap-ware that people install. Dont forget, many of these crap-apps interact directly with the phones core software features.

1) Save all music, pics, etc to your PC (do not save the whole SD Card)

2) Do a soft reset

3) Format SD Card

You could just shutdown, pull the SDcard and format.... then put back in. The cell OS reads alot of data from the card, but will rebuild whatever is needed if you reformat.

You'll then have a like new OS. I bet it wont freeze up as much or at all... dont install any apps for a week or so.

0 Likes