Eris update has arrived
TKinVA

I woke up this morning to find the Eris update announcement staring me in the face as soon as I unlocked the phone. Choices were Update, Later, and More Info... -- Supposedly, the update is already on my phone, ready to install. It's 6.5 megabytes.

So I chose Later. I'm still curious about several things.

1. What will this update change or delete or destroy? According to some reports, it does a complete wipe. Or maybe not.

2. Unlike the Droid update, the Eris update doesn't promise enhancements or new features, just fixes for obscure bugs I haven't encountered.

http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Eris_Sofware_Update.pdf

Hardly seems worth the effort.

I think I'm going to keep pressing Later until I read reports from the braver souls out there.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris update has arrived
Griphos

I installed it.  Had to re-select which email account in my email widget I wanted.  That was the only change after install.  Seems to be a bit faster in response.  Haven't messed with it enough to notice anything else.  But it seems to be a smooth update without any serious interruption of settings.

0 Likes
aimh441

I'm on the east coast usa, and still haven't received the update :smileysad:  Where r u located?

0 Likes
TKinVA

I'm in Northern Virginia.

The update message shows up about every 30 minutes or so.

So far, I've been dismissing it. Especially after reading all the things that the Droid update broke.

0 Likes
ssmitty85

Mines been updated for about 2 days now.. and its the same as before for me.. no problems.

0 Likes
scajjr2

TKinVA wrote:

I woke up this morning to find the Eris update announcement staring me in the face as soon as I unlocked the phone. Choices were Update, Later, and More Info... -- Supposedly, the update is already on my phone, ready to install. It's 6.5 megabytes.

So I chose Later. I'm still curious about several things.

1. What will this update change or delete or destroy? According to some reports, it does a complete wipe. Or maybe not.

2. Unlike the Droid update, the Eris update doesn't promise enhancements or new features, just fixes for obscure bugs I haven't encountered.

http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Eris_Sofware_Update.pdf

Hardly seems worth the effort.

I think I'm going to keep pressing Later until I read reports from the braver souls out there.

Did my update last night. No problems at all, phone still works the same.

Sam

0 Likes
aimh441

Just received update in NJ :smileyhappy:  Will check in again as I use it during the day...

0 Likes
opinky

I also received it this morning (I am in Colorado) and it did nothing to help with the signal strength issue I have.

0 Likes
wmgilligan

No update yet - near Tampa florida

0 Likes
itsalongday

I'm outside of Sarasota FL & got my this morning. Fixed nothing about my GPS finding me in India. Not really worth the wait.

0 Likes