Everything on my samsung galaxy works EXCEPT the touchscreen.
Tereseb
Enthusiast - Level 3

It responds to touch so if I swipe the right spot I can answer a call but I can't see anything. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Everything on my samsung galaxy works EXCEPT the touchscreen.
Snn5
Legend

You might try a corporate store just to see what they say.  I know they will say to try and factory reset the device, but if you have extended warranty, you MIGHT try that, BUT with you knowing it was dropped previously and also having other issues like the SD card, you might wind up with a non-covered repair for $300 and Samsung wouldnt be any cheaper I wouldnt think.  If a reset to factory doesnt fix things, you may have physical damage.  Are you near an upgrade period in your contract?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Which Samsung Galaxy phone?  I hesitate to blame the digitizer just yet.  Any new software or apps or drops or water damage/moisture?

0 Likes
Tereseb
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry. I thought I had put the number. It's a Galaxy s4. I have dropped

it but that was a couple of months ago. No brand new software or apps. I

was planning to go by a store because for the last few days or so it keeps

telling me my SD card has been unexpectedly removed then put back in

without actually having done either one.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might try a corporate store just to see what they say.  I know they will say to try and factory reset the device, but if you have extended warranty, you MIGHT try that, BUT with you knowing it was dropped previously and also having other issues like the SD card, you might wind up with a non-covered repair for $300 and Samsung wouldnt be any cheaper I wouldnt think.  If a reset to factory doesnt fix things, you may have physical damage.  Are you near an upgrade period in your contract?

0 Likes
Tereseb
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have insurance for damages as I am a clutzy person. Can't upgrade till November 2016. It's basically a new phone. My apps and text messages are connected to my samsung tablet so that helps a little but I would like to see my phone. Thanks for the replies. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I would opt for the $100-150 deductible myself then.

0 Likes
Tereseb
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah...I think I'm going to have to.  Better than full price but still a hit to my minimal income. At least I thought ahead to get the insurance. Thanks for all the replies  ! Off to the Verizon store I go.

Snn5
Legend

Glad that helped somewhat.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Tereseb
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too.