FIOS MOBILE APP WILL NOT CONNECT TO DVR ON KINDLE FIRE - WHY?
JAMOVE64

I have the fios mobile app on my version 5 kindle fire.  It shows my dvr content but  does not

recognize that it is connected to the home dvr server.  I can watch live TV in house and

out, but I am unable to play the displayed DVR content or ON DEMAND content.  The only error

message I receive is that it is unable to connect to the living room DVR - when I use the trouble

shooting option within the app.  I get the same message.  I have FIOS quantum and have

been dealing with verizon who now tell me it is a Verizon wireless issue.  PLEASE ADVISE.. this

app has worked for 2 years and just recently refused to recognize my home DVR to play the

content it sees and loads to the app.  I have uninstalled and re-installed a few times.  I have a new

verizon installed router and have contacted amazon who told me this is a VERIZON problem.

The 3 techs and hours on the phone have yielded no results or a fix.  PLEASE ADVISE who

will fix this problem.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: FIOS MOBILE APP WILL NOT CONNECT TO DVR ON KINDLE FIRE - WHY?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this a wifi only kindle fire tablet? If so, this is not a Verizon Wireless issue. If you have a 4G capable tablet and the issue occurs on 4G then it might be possible. If it is a wifi only connection issue, then I would suggest posting your question on the Verizon Residential forum at Verizon Forums – Welcome to the Verizon Fios® Community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JAMOVE64

Yes this is a wifi only tablet.  Also I have been through 3 techs with residential and they say it is a wireless

app problem and have posted on the residential forum and they told me to do verizon twitter.  I don't tweet....

PLEASE HELP....this previously worked and it has to be a software glitch that neither of the lines of business

(residential and now wireless) will look at. How are you all not able to help resolve this?  Thank you in advance for your response and guidance.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried contacting the application developer directly through the application page in the app store to inform them of the problem?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get you pointed in the right direction. To help ensure you get the app working, please contact the Verizon Fios Team at 866-865-4267.

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JAMOVE64

vz-android-support@one.verizon.com appears to be the email address.  I will try this as it also lists verizon.com.  This is a terrible lack of support and the business office won't even

entertain a credit...though this feature is advertised, the business office insists it is not a

service you pay for.  ABSURD!  Thanks again for your response.

0 Likes
JAMOVE64

I don't tweet, but I will definitely try the support number.  I have also sent an email per the suggestion by Ann154.  Finally someone from support, appreciate the response.

0 Likes