FM transmitter
Lovemydroid

I was wondering if anyone knows of an fm transmitter that can be used for the htc eris to play music in the car.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FM transmitter
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
You mean like to use your Eris as the music source and have it come through your car speakers??
0 Likes
Lovemydroid

yes...I have microsoft sync in my car so I can use it with bluetooth audio, but my truck doesn't have that.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
Hmmmm, well I know that my wife and daughter tried multiple FM transmitter type devices for their ipods, but never found any they were really happy with. I believe you can buy something though that goes inline in your antenna cable to the radio and then gives you a 3.5mm plug to plug into an auxiliary audio device (ipod, mp3, etc). Check someplace like www.crutchfield.com . You oughta be able to find one there and you'll be much happier with the results than via something that transmits wirelessly. Now if your truck already had an auxiliary audio input, as many newer vehicles do, than all you need is a $3 cable to plug in. I know it's not as tidy as a wireless connection, but sometimes ya just gotta compromise.
0 Likes
superchaos

I use the Motorola T505. It works as an FM transmitter or standalone.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
What kind of player do you have. I would look for anything other than FM transmitter. I agree with the they all seem to suck. Do you have a CD/Tape Does your radio have an AUx in option? If not you can get a fairly cheap deck with speakers for like $80 from walmart and it has aux in. AUX is the cable that has to 3.5 end and plug between the eris(in this case) and the other device(car stereo) in case you werent' sure what it is.
0 Likes
Developer
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you know how to follow technical instructions well and how to solder, these kits are fantastic.  I have one that I've amplified and can use it to broadcast a signal to all of the radios in the shop.

http://www.frys.com/product/3066529?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

0 Likes