Failed Marshmallow update
rgdbear
Enthusiast - Level 1

Installed first (Verizon) update with no problems.  Went to Settings > System update and launched second (6.0) update.  After about half an hour I received "Software not updated to 6.21.605.3...error code 503."   Now Settings > System update informs me that I'm up to date.  Stuck on Lollipop.  How can I receive the update?

Labels (1)
Re: Failed Marshmallow update
DenialofDeath
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here.  Download first update then was going to reboot and never did.  So I rebooted phone says software up to date but version days update failed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DenialofDeath, I understand your concern. What software version do you currently see on your device in the settings?
EstebanP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DenialofDeath
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a turbo 2.  Under version it says 21.31.21.en.us  Where it says Last system update: Software not updated to 21.31.21.en.us download failed.

When I click on check for new version it scans then says you have latest version.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize that this update has not been smooth, DenialofDeath. Given the description of what’s happened, it is our recommendation to the use Software Upgrade Assistant to get this update. Here's a link to the upgrade assistant, http://www.motorola.com/VerizonSoftwareUpdateWin . You’ll need to plug your Turbo 2 into your computer after installing.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mhaugh
Enthusiast - Level 1

My software update failed with Error code 409 and like others when I check for new system update, it says I am up to date and no update is necessary at this time.

mhaugh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to repair using the HTC Sync Manager, but it left me in the same status.

0 Likes
Kage440
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't see any response from Verizon.  Have you been able to fix this?

0 Likes
Robert418
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just had same problem trying to upgrade my Samsung S6 Edge to marshmellow.   Are there any solutions to getting the upgrade to re-download and try to install again.

I've tried the PC based Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant tool, but it insists my phone is up to date.

0 Likes