Re: Faint background ringing HTC DNA
Izeek
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I send you a private message? I have MarquiaF_VZW in my contacts, would sending this information to her suffice?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Izeek wrote:

How do I send you a private message? I have MarquiaF_VZW in my contacts, would sending this information to her suffice?

You would have to follow just like you have followed to send them a private DM (Direct Message) on this community. The VZW rep will also have to follow you before the Direct Message will be available.  Replying to their post in this discussion on the public forum would't be a private message.

If you can send a private message to MarquiaF_VZW, you could mention that had requested it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Izeek
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent a private message with the requested information to MarquiaF_VZW and tried sending it to you as well.

Anyhow, my theory on this ringing being directly related to charging the phone proved to be false; yesterday the ringing occurred midday while I had been off the charger for 6 hours. On the bright side, it has been three days since I will connect the charger and then do my daily restart and I have not had the ringing occur at night, yet. It seemed this was when the ringing usually occurred, prior to the one day mentioned, and that happened the first day after I did the restart after connecting the charger. Well, that's it for now. If I have anything else happen that seems pertinent, I will surely let you know.

0 Likes
ASA12
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone did this again tonight,  I will be watching for certain pattern and I hope others will watch as well.  I have all apps on my phone set for auto dates,  while no apps were updating, I did have to reset the phone to get to stop.  After the update, 3 apps downloaded.  The first app to update was audible for Android, If I recall last time this happened this app also updated.  I am wondering if this is not some kind of alert to reset the phone so apps can update.   Just a thought.

0 Likes
restjohn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have owned my DNA for about 3 months, and this strange ringing just occurred for the first time on 31 Mar.  As far as my wife or I noticed, it started in the late morning, long after I had taken the phone off the charger, where it had been charging for the entire night before.  I attempted to power the phone off, then back on, but the ringing continued.  It finally stopped when I did a reset (hold down the power button, choose the "Restart" option).  Interestingly, in the midst of typing this message, I picked up my phone and I see that there is a SIM card icon at the top with an exclamation point.  When I pull down the notification menu, the bar at the bottom says "No SIM card."  Additionally, the reception indicator shows no bars and a small "x" above the translucent bars.  I should also mention, because some think this could be a temperature issue, that I have a rubber cover on my phone.  Has anyone communicated with HTC about this issue?  I'm going to scour the Web some more.

0 Likes
carols1

This happens to my phone as well.  The faint background ringing noise is just as everyone else has described and I have turned it off by restarting the phone.   I have also received the "No SIM Card" message but I didn't think it  was connected with the ringing noise.  Both of these issues are not desirable and I'm looking forward to a solution!

0 Likes
Denny11

I am having the same problem. I've owned this phone for 3 months and over the past 3 weeks have regretted spending so much money on it. My first problem was that the phone said it had "No SIM Card" and there was no service. It does this at random and I've learned from reading another forum to turn the phone to Airplane mode and then back again. It temporarily fixes the problem. Then today, I was in church with my phone on silent and heard a faint ringing sound. I figured it couldn't be my phone, so I ignored it.  But it kept ringing and ringing and ringing - NONSTOP! No one seemed to hear it around me so I took my phone out of my purse just to see if it was mine and I realized it was! Everything looked normal on the phone. There were no notifications of any kind. Even throughout powering it down, it was still ringing. Once completely shut off, I finally had peace and quiet, or so I thought. Although the phone was turned off, it still made the ringing sound, though not constantly. It rang once every few minutes. I ended up having to leave my phone in the kitchen. After church I turned the phone back on and the constant ringing resumed. I used my husband's phone to call it and the ringing stopped. What is going on???

0 Likes
Arkhalis

Same issue here,

My phone seems to do this every time it is in my pocket for more than 30 mins. The phone is warm to the touch, restarting it seems to solve the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Arkhalis!

Thanks for joining the thread and letting us know that you're having some of the same issues with the faint ringing on your DNA.

Now, you mentioned that restarting your device seems to solve this problem. May I ask if your experience is that it persists even thereafter? More than anything, I just want to make sure this isn't still going on. If it is, we'd love to make sure we work on a fix or express options to help out. I've begun following you, please accept and send a direct message including your mobile number and billing password so resolution can be reached. Thanks much!

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hscherm

Hey There,

I just got an HTC Android DNA on Tuesday the 7th and this faint ringing just happend this evening for the first time. I thought it was because my battery just went below 25%, but when I plugged it into the charger, it kept ringing. Th

I took someone's suggestion in this message string that it may coming from the headphone port and/or the phone app so I made a call to my voicemail and the ringing stopped.

Big bummer that this is happening on a brand new phone and unpredictably. Would be interesting to hear if there's a patch for this.

0 Likes