Finished call on Bluetooth headset sends phone volume to zero
rastagard
Enthusiast - Level 2

After having the forced lollipop update (ever heard the expression "no means no"  Verizon?)  my LG Tone headset mutes when the call ends and there is no way to return the volume.  I can slide the notifications bar down and watch the volume slider go from current volume setting to far left 0 volume as soon as call ends.  Prior to "update" my call would end and music would return.  As far as I can tell,  the music player resumes,  but the volume control snaps to zero the second the call ends.  I can slide the volume to right side,  but it snaps back to zero volume.  If I open volume controls in settings,  all are grayed out.  I've tried different settings in Interruptions settings but the problem remains the same.  Call ends,  volume snaps to zero and only restarting phone returns correct volume settings.

Other than this I hate lollipop for purely aesthetic reasons,  not a single thing added that would have compelled me to "upgrade" voluntarily.  Not only do I feel my wishes were violated,  this lollipop makes me feel like I have been transferred to riding the "short bus". Why is dumbing down the UI suddenly in vogue?  (looking at you Win8)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Finished call on Bluetooth headset sends phone volume to zero
rastagard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turned out to be an app called "Talking Caller ID" The problem cleared up after that app updated.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Rastagard,

Softwar updates should improve the device! Sorry to hear that this did not occur with your music controls. What make/model device do you have? What is the current software version downloaded to the device? (Go to settings>about phone>software version). Try deleting the pairing>reboot the phone>then repair the lg tone back to the device.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
rastagard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ooops, sorry. I had my phone model in the title, guess I changed it and forgot to add it to the message. I have an LG G3. I've already tried unpairing/repairing. I've also tried using an older Tone 700 I have. Software version is vs98523c.

For the record, I've been with Verizon for a fairly long time and have yet to have an update to a new version go well. Just about bricked my Motorola Razr Maxx when I had to update to KitKat. I don't have the time to mess around with sorting out the problems that often accompany these updates. I was very content with KitKat and would have had no problem waiting for Lollipop until it came pre-installed on another phone. Just can't understand for the life of me why these updates are forced upon us. If you sent them out to all phones security might be a reason. But in light of the fact that only select phones get the upgrade, it should be entirely up to the individual to decide.

I have tried many, many things to resolve this issue and I just have the sinking feeling I will need to do a factory reset, which, if it works, will take up a great deal of my time to return the phone to the point it was prior to this upgrade. Nothing here I'm sure hasn't been said many times already, but I feel better for having said it............

If you can help me resolve this without wiping my phone, I will feel even better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional information rastagard! I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the latest software update. I understand your skepticism about a http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112585/ factory reset; while this is the most recommended step to resolve post software update issues, please try a Wipe Cache Partition http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-156889/ as this step has also resolve post software update issues for other customers.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
rastagard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turned out to be an app called "Talking Caller ID" The problem cleared up after that app updated.

0 Likes