Fix 'Out of Service Area' When Making Calls
f_canton
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I fix the 'Out of Service' area problem when making calls. For example when making a call from San Jose, California to Boulder Creek, California, the problem occurs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fix 'Out of Service Area' When Making Calls
bearone21
Legend

apparently you're out of the service area or in a building or underground!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand. What troubleshooting have you been through so far?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LEEWIK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't like twitter and won't use it.  When I am in my own home I have dropped calls all of the time with the message "out of service area."  I was still on warranty so they change the chip or whatever it's called.  That did not solve the problem.  Verizon did not want to fix the problem or even change the phone without extra fees.  This is terrible customer service.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

bearone21
Legend

maybe you're out of the service area too!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We offer many ways to contact us, LEEWIK, so you never have to use a method you don’t like. I can assure you we want to find out more about what’s causing the “Out of Service Area” message. Let’s dive into the issue of making calls when inside your home. When did it start happening? Does the same thing happen indoors in other locations? How are texts and internet when you’re indoors? How far outside the home do you need to be before the signal improves?

George_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes