Fix for Android 4.4.2
Stuart_Mantel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the beginning of June, I have been waiting to see if there will be a fix for the disaster that was named Kitkat 4.4.2

There are many postings (never answered) from people listing their problems since the update.

I have gone from loving this phone to dreading the day I allowed the update. Since the update my phone has suffered from the following major flaws:

1. Battery life has gone from great to abysmal. I used to be able to get into the third day with Razr MAXX HD. Now I can't get through one day.
  2. Phone runs HOT. The phone will be in my pocket and suddenly, it gets so hot that I have to take it out and let it sit on the desk, can't even hold it comfortably. This can't be a good thing.
  3. WiFi keeps cutting in and out. I will log into a wireless network and it will drop and ask me to select a network. If I was running around town I could understand but it happens at work, at home, sitting in a restaurant, etc. It recommends the strongest signal and it usually is the network that it just dropped.
  4. My Ford Sync used to be able to tell me that a text message has arrived and it could read the message to me. Since the update, that feature is gone. I deleted the phone and re-synced it and it still doesn't work. It does answer a call though so it's not the bluetooth connections.

Since I first posted these complaints, I had a small mishap with my phone and it was replaced, through the insurance, same model, different phone. I have the same problems so, I know it wasn't just the specific phone that I had.

Is there anything happening to address these issues?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Re: Fix for Android 4.4.2
Scoobyshack
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing - they still haven't acknowledged that the update was a problem

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

The KK update was supposed to improve people's experience with their phones, not make them (in your case) practically unusable.

If your phone is getting so hot that it is possibly going to burn you, if I were you, I would demand that VZW replace your device with a different make/model. If they are unwilling, then I suppose I would seek resolution by filing with the BBB.

Honestly, that behavior alone is a safety issue, and is completely unacceptable. I would not wait for a patch to be developed and fielded for something like that. A lithium battery possibly exhibiting the precursor to thermal runaway is not something to be taken lightly.

0 Likes
sixstring
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon's failure to acknowledge and address this is unacceptable. I too now have a useless phone. No response to my posting on this forum from VZW Customer relations and when I went into two different Verizon stores, their staff said " it's a known issue. We recommned you upgrade"  and blamed it on Androig/Google. Makes you think it's part of a plan to sell more phones and force a purchase before upgrade is available.

blkatz1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me add my comments to the 4.4.2 upgrade.  My phone runs hot, battery life is down to less than a day (and I only use the phone as a phone, for texting, and obtaining my emails), I have to reboot almost daily to fix text messages not going through, I lose network connections and syncing, and it often won't search for new emails for hours if I don't pay attention to it.  Horrible!  Plus, I've been to the local Verizon store twice and spoken to Tech on the phone for over an hour.  No solutions; they acknowledge issues (and have for over a month) but can't help with any sort of fix.  They only suggest I get rid of my S4 and buy and S5.  What a useless suggestion!  In any event, once again Verizon demonstrates it's lack of concern for its customers, even those who have been with them for over 20 years.

5253berry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel like I could have written this! Exact same unacceptable problems.  So many problems. Too many problems . I once felt I could depend on and feel safe having my Motorola phone through Verizon, it has now become unreliable. Won't connect to my truck any longer ( must be hands free according to state law.. Yep already reinstalled), WiFi in my house jumps in and out of connection, battery life is ridiculous and phone gets so hot.  I could go on and on...   Very frustrating to talk to the young men at my Verizon store. They, of course, suggested an upgrade even though my contract has months to go.  Perhaps this update was done on purpose?...

0 Likes