Flashing Blue Light Visible While Flash is Turned Off On LG V30
EXP_36
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was taking a photo with my new VZW LG V30 of an object laying on shiny marble counter when I noticed a blue light strobe reflecting off the marble. I then pointed the camera to a mirror and I could see the blue light strobe coming from the flash, but the flash was turned off. At first I thought it was part of the camera's AF, but when I took a few photos the blue light strobe was visible in all the photos, some worse than others depending on the angle of the of the camera to the mirror. It was visible in both Auto & Manual modes and in Video mode. Has anyone else noticed that or do I have a defective unit?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Flashing Blue Light Visible While Flash is Turned Off On LG V30
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EXP_36, I do apologize for our confusion. I want to make sure that we get to the bottom of this camera issue promptly. Has the device always done this?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EXP_36
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  It seems to be the camera's AF laser staying on while taking the picture and it's visible in close-up photos shot against a reflective surface or photos taken in front of a mirror. 1116172300h.jpg

EXP_36
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's another one

1115172055-2.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly strange to see, EXP_36. Just to be absolutely sure, you have flash disabled in the camera application, correct? You can try to clear the cache for the camera application by going to Apps > Settings > Application Manager > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EXP_36
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct. The flash is disabled in both photos I posted.  I went ahead and cleared the camera app cache, and that did not resolve the issue.  I have never seen a phone or a camera does this before. Is this a defective phone or is this a problem with the V30 in general?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I thank you for trying that for me, EXP_36. It is certainly strange that this light appears while attempting to take pictures. Being that clearing the application cache didn't work, could you attempt to utilize the clear data option that is also provided in that directory of the settings? Just to be sure, prior to doing the clear data option, I would recommend all photos on your device be backed up just to ensure the integrity of those files.

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EXP_36
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cleared both the data and the cache at same time. As I stated above, no change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EXP_36, thank you for everything that you have tried. Based on this information we do ask that you please respond the Private Message that has been sent.

AlbertoR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes