For those of you who have the official 2.1 update
desertsun

Does the 2.1 update allow voice activated calling through bluetooth headset?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: For those of you who have the official 2.1 update
T-ROCK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I dont have the update yet, but im about 99% sure that it doesnt

0 Likes
rasprenkle

I live in Bakersfield,CA and I'm lucky to get 1 bar of service.. I still havent received the UPDATE 2.1  No surprise. I've been with Verizon since 1997. I bought the droid when it was released.. I don't have much faith in first bought , First served anymore. I move alot. Verizon needs to set up some towers in this town.  PLEASE SOMEONE WITH AUTHORITY IN VERIZON READ THIS!!!!

p.s. this msg protocol sucks.. Doesnt Even have spell check.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

@desertsun - No it does not. Google has not enabled that feature in the Android code.

@rasprenkle - I believe scheduling of  the update is random. Also, when I post messages squiggly lines appear under misspelled words and I also see a large button labeled Spell Check. You can get the update right now by visiting DroidLife. It's the real deal.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

@rasprenkle - when you said  "p.s. this msg protocol sucks.. Doesnt Even have spell check." were you referring to the forum or to texting on your phone?

0 Likes
edbett

Voice dialing through bluetooth device does not seem to have changed in any way with upgrade to Android 2.1 on Droid.  Still will only re-dial last number.  See no way to make bluetooth button start voice activated calling routine.

0 Likes