Forgot my password - how do I unlock the screen?
DukeNY

I have a Droid Maxx 2 - can't unlock the home screen - can anyone help??

Urgent - school student!

@

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Forgot my password - how do I unlock the screen?
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

If you know your google account information, the fastest way would be to reset the device using an alternate reset method, but that would wipe all your personal data so if you haven't backed up you would lose that content. 

0 Likes
DukeNY

Is there any way to connect it to my laptop - to download to a folder there, before "resetting"

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MikeyWade and Ann154 Thank you for those great tips for getting the device unlocked.

@DukeNY We definitely understand the importance of getting your device unlocked, especially when you are a student. Please reply and let us know if those steps worked for you.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DukeNY

I got the Device mngr ok - but the it could not locate my phone. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
DukeNY

I do know my Google info to "sign-on" but it doesn't give me any solutions to the problem.

I believe the "location" is OFF on my phone (I always leave it off at night - was told that it uses

a lot of power).

0 Likes
DukeNY

Can I use my LAPTOP to somehow turn on the location on the phone? I have no problem signing in to the Google info, or anything else.

Thank you to both MikeyWade and Ann154!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the web interface of the Android device manager, you can change the phones password.

I leave my GPS on all the time and the phone on overnight and it doesn't drain the battery.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes