Forwarding Spam Text Message Question
MR_TJETS

Hi,

So, I forwarded the offending spam to 7726.  I then received a VZW reply that asked me to reply back with the offending senders number.  I replied with the number (95368).  I then received another reply from VZW  which said that my message most likely came from a short code.  VZW instructed me to return to the original message and reply STOP.  When I did that, I received an alert that says: Messaging would like to send a message to 95368 and that this may cause charges on your mobile account.  Problem is, I don't want to incur charges so I do not send the reply.  Can anyone assure me that I will not be charged if I reply stop to the spam text message?

Thanks,

Greg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Forwarding Spam Text Message Question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have unlimited text messaging or a different allowance for text messages?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I found this article about the message you saw. Responding to the xMatters short code – xMatters Support

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MR_TJETS

Hi Ann,

As far as I know, I have unlimited text.

0 Likes
MR_TJETS

Hi Ann,

The article you proved seems to indicate that there would not be any additional charges since I have unlimited messaging.  I will give it a shot and see what happens.  Thank you for your assistance!

Greg

0 Likes