Free phone but being charged monthly device payment
jjbreton
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered a free offer phone and was eligible for this offer but now being charged a 10.56 monthly device plan? I spoke several times to Verizon and am getting different answers.

The moto g power is still being offered as a free phone

Re: Free phone but being charged monthly device payment
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jjbreton wrote:

I ordered a free offer phone and was eligible for this offer but now being charged a 10.56 monthly device plan? I spoke several times to Verizon and am getting different answers.

The moto g power is still being offered as a free phone

The phone might be free, but did you have to have a new line associated with the phone?  That new line charge might be what you're seeing.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will see a charge for the monthly device payment agreement, but you should also see a bill credit for the amount of the promotion divided by 24 months. This would essentially cancel out the monthly device payment for a "free phone promotion".

If you aren't seeing the bill credit, either the bill credits haven't started yet (can take 1-2 billing cycles) or there is an issue with the promotion not being applied. A potential issue could be you don't actually qualify or something else. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jjbreton, we love to see you take advantage of amazing deals on our network. This deal requires that you add a new line of service. Did you add a new line to your account for that device? If so, a monthly credit of $10.41 will start to apply to your bill within 1-2 billing cycles. This credit will reflect on your account for 24 months until that device is paid off. Is this information helpful to you? 

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
SharonBee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why am I being charged for a “free” phone? I already had Verizon service & they did a promo for a free iPhone 13 if you trade in your old phone. Being charged monthly for a free phone. False advertising from Verizon

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out today and congratulations on your new phone. The last thing we want is for you to feel misled about our promotions. We currently do have a deal for a free iPhone 13 with qualifying trade-in and plan. The discount is applied as a monthly credit to cover the cost of the phone. You can find more details on the promotion here: https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/apple-iphone-13/  Keep in mind that any trade in discounts can take 1 to billing cycles to appear. When the credits are added, you will also get any catch up credits for month/s where the discount did not appear. Does this information help?   ~Roger

0 Likes
Canuck33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just in the process of getting the FREE iPhone 13 and when I saw what my future bills will be they’re actually charging me the monthly bill for the phone (on top of my normal monthly bill, plus the humongous tax for the phone.  You say that it takes a couple months for the credits to kick in, yet in the meantime our bill reflects $$ that we must pay.  Cash money.  No way.  I can’t pay one penny more than my regular plan payment….and I have automatic payment set up - ($74+).  That’s insane.    Only extra actual $ should be the $35 active fee.  That’s impossible…..if I had that kind of money, I wouldn’t commit myself to 36 months.