G'Zone Commando powers down on its own?
jasdav77

Two weeks ago I upgraded to my first smartphone.  Due to the work that I do (I'm a fly fishing guide and in the river all the time) I wanted another waterproof and durable phone.  At first this phone was great.  I really enjoy having access to my business email, my business Facebook page, and other apps that are important to my daily business.

However, within the last couple of days my G'Zone Commando has started to randomly shut down and reboot itself.  I have taken it into the local Verizon store and they complete a diagnoistic test on the system and said everything was fine.  They said the test they did should have fixed the issue yet when I got home the phone shut itself down again and then rebooted.

Are there any solutions to fix this issue?  Please help before I decide to return the phone and look into an iPhone (which is nowhere near suited for the business I run).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: G'Zone Commando powers down on its own?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you install any new applications shortly before the reboots started to happen or did you update any applications to new versions from the Play Store?

I know I had some reboot problems on one device after I updated the Weatherbug application. It was later fixed with another update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jasdav77

After I posted this question I contacted the Verizon Help Center.  They told me that the Gingerbread keyboard that I installed has been know to not sync well with the Droid system.  I have now Force Stopped this application and uninstalled it.  Hopefully this is the culprit to my issues.

Thank you for your reply Ann.  Once again, the Verizon customer service team and this forum have provided great customer service!

0 Likes
jprater08

I am having trouble with my phone rebooting 10-12 times a day....any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jprater08, let's wipe your troubles away. Have you downloaded a few 3rd party applications to your device from the Google Play market? Some application software can affect the performance of your device. I recommend that you uninstall a few applications from your device in Settings>Manage Applications>tap the Application>tap Uninstall. Once you have deleted a few applications, you will need to power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes