G2 won't "knock on" after KitKat
bacfire

Since updating to KitKat last night, my LG G2 will "knock off" but won't "knock on".  Tried restarting in safe mode, rebooting, recalibrating touch sensors, etc.  I know how to use it; I've been "knocking on" since Christmas with no problems.  None of the internet fixes work so far.  The knock on feature is (was) my favorite thing about this phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: G2 won't "knock on" after KitKat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get you loving your favorite phone feature again, bacfire. Since knock off is working, that helps us know the sensors are up and running. How many times do you knock on the screen to turn on? When you're trying to knock on, do you have the phone on a flat surface, in portrait mode, or in landscape mode? Do you have a case or screen protector on your phone?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
MAsp

i have the same "knock on" issue after kitkat update and also can't pull down notification message in portrait mode.

it seems top third of the screen in portrait mode doesn't respond to touch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh boy, MAsp. Thanks for your feedback as well! Does this work when in Safe Mode http://vz.to/M5C23B.
We do want to make sure we figure this out.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MAsp

No, it does not work in Safe Mode either.

Now, I’ve also been tilting phone to landscape view in order to write email and enable “update all” icon in Playstore.

These problems need to be fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for testing that for us, MAsp.
What we need to do is update the software team with what you have done thus far in order for this feature to be tested. On 4/20/2014 they were not able to reproduce the issue. Worst case scenario is that we can replace it with the warranty, but we would love to see if this can be corrected on your current device.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

It might be time for the posters to perform a backup of their critical data, then try a Factory Data Reset to go to a good known starting state.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks, stef7. The hard reset is actually recommended for customers that are not able to complete knock on. We do ask that it is tried in Safe Mode first in order to rule anything out before completing the hard reset.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Snooksa_a

I did the KitKat upgrade a few days back and have the same exact issue with the "knock on" feature no longer working but the "knock off" works perfectly fine. Yesterday I tried using safe mode, power off & restart several times, etc..... No luck! Today I have done the hard factory reset and STILL DOES NOT WORK!!! I have had this phone for less than a year. Utterly ridiculous in my book! Has anyone found a way to fix this? Do I need to go to the Verizon store and swap out this phone for a new one?? I am highly disappointed! Currently, not a happy customer!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You could try another FDR.

If that doesn't help, I imagine if you are savvy enough, trying the LG Support Tool to put the Upgrade onto your phone that way.

Short of those, getting a replacement may be in order. Show them the issuet at a CORPORATE VZW store.

0 Likes