Galaxy J3
rose67

Is there parental options on Galaxy J3? Like on Iphone you can have a password for apps parents can control.  Like snapchat is disabled due to grades, you can disable it and it is password protected to where child can't undo or access it. Is there a way to temporarily disable apps and it just be a phone with text and calls only?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy J3
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you setup multiple users on the phone? If you can, you can restrict one of users to have access to the items you want.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rose67,

Being able to keep your phone safe for your kids is a big deal. There's no default option on the J3 like on the iPhone but that doesn't mean there are no options. If you do a search of the Play Store there are many great parental control apps that can be downloaded and set up. We also have options like Family Base http://vz.to/1MgUml4 which can be a big help.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
trobert

Famiy Base is not supported on the Galaxy J3.

0 Likes
rose67

Not sure why you would be able to do multiple users on one phone.. I don't see that as an option. Thank you.

0 Likes
rose67

I have Family Base, but was looking to restrict his usage down to text and phone calls when he gets in trouble, but still has basic phone usages. I will see about apps. thank you

0 Likes
trobert

You might be able to set his data usage to zero to limit internet access, but I think that just slows down the data.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some phones and other Android devices allow multiple user profiles. Your phone model might not have that feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes