Re: Galaxy Note 2 Multitasking
JKinSanJose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Woo-Hoo! Hope soon means December....tks for sharing.

0 Likes
PAPINYC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it can, but you are still restricted to ONLY the apps' already preloaded into the "Multi Window" task bar. Trust me, I tested this on my brother's friend's Sprint Galaxy Note II on Thursday afternoon (11/29). For example (key example for all), you CAN NOT add Netflix to the task bar nor can you use Netflix in a "Multi Window" function. As I stated above, Netflix will have to update their app's apk to support this feature on the Galaxy Note II; I don't feel it's the carriers' responsibility to update a 3rd party app (and I, too, shelled out good $$ for my GN2 as everyone else wanting to keep Unlimited Data). However, I do feel it is a carrier's responsibility to have the "Multi Window" function/feature at launch (cough, cough: T-Mobile). And, again, thank you Verizon for getting this right from the get-go; I'm sure Netflix and others will release updates to their APK's specific to this device.

0 Likes
PAPINYC
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW, those 'people on other carriers that have the Note 2' lied to you.

0 Likes
Rogermass

Whenever any new device comes out there are always cry babies who have to complain and gripe that it's not good enough no matter how interesting and innovative the device is. The multi screen is certainly an interesting feature with lots of potential. I'm totally sure that it will evolve quickly. But it's hardly the only or even the most important of the many innovations on the Galaxy Note 2 which I think is an overall amazing machine.

0 Likes
jimmiev

I completely disagree...the multi screen feature IS the reason I picked the note over the HTC DNA.  For a lot of people the multi screen was the biggest selling point.   So yeah I am very disappointed about how crappy Verizon made the multi window feature, but since all the carriers are worse...there is no other option

0 Likes
PAPINYC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Logic dictates that, since the Galaxy Note was just released 6 days ago, you still have about 8 days to return the Galaxy Note 2 for a full refund or exchange it for the precious single-windowed, fixed memory and fixed battery DROID DNA; if [that] will make you happy.

0 Likes
bilinguallawgal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am upset.. i need to be able to use the calendar when on the phone.. it won't let me add this to the task bar.. this is an essential for business clients like myself.. is there a way around this?? we should be able to set appointments for our customers/clients when on the phone with them??? please what is the fix?? and when

0 Likes
Eddster
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about Facebook, Twitter, and Google Talk like they have on the Sprint version.  I've used a Sprint variant and a Verizon variant and multi-window on the Sprint variant is FAR more useful for multi-tasking.

0 Likes
darren-donovan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can someone tell me how to use the multi window feature with the available apps? It's mentioned in this thread that YouTube and Facebook can be used. Let's see if I understand this correctly: I can open up both YT and FB and have the screen split in half, one for FB and the other for YT?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Eddster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately you cannot do that with the Verizon Note 2 as configured. Facebook and YouTube apps have not been included in the multi-window functionality although an update is allegedly forthcoming. Who knows how long that will take, if ever. 

You can find ways to manually modify certain settings on your phone to add more apps on various forums. The point is this functionality should be included like it is on the Sprint model. No manual workarounds should be necessary. 

0 Likes