Galaxy Note 2 missing a lot of features/settings/widgets
froman408
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone could be great if Verizon didn't mess with the phone and remove several features/settings/widgets.  Everyday I find something new that Verizon removed.  For starters...

• Verizon removed the calendar widget (there can't be a valid reason for this), the digital clock, tasks list, mini calendar ..etc.
  • Your multi-task apps such as Chrome, Youtube, Gmail do not exist in the multi-task bar and therefore won't work in multi-task view. 

• The lockscreen missed call, missed sms bubble that should pop up has been removed. 

• The do not disturb feature is not available.

• Continuous scrolling through screens is missing as well. 

• The wifi toggle shortcut in the notification bar has been replaced with an ongoing, pop up (tap
    here to turn on wifi). 

• Sprint's version has all of these features. 

• Imagine buying a new car (at retail) fully loaded and before you take it home they rip out your leather, heated seats, bluetooth, blind-spot monitoring, and power lift gate.  How happy would you be?

• Now imagine your friend pulling up in the same exact car with all the features you are missing.  Any happier?

Now can these features be added back with an update?  Sure.  Should we have to wait forever for an update (because you know we will) to fix something that should have never been messed with in the first place?  Absolutely NOT! 

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy Note 2 missing a lot of features/settings/widgets
johnandroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

You forgot to mention that they also removed the inductive charging feature.  With that, and all the examples you listed, it's apparent that VZW must literally go out of their way to do things like this with their devices.  The big question though is why?  Why do they put extra money and energy into crippling these products?  For instance, what possible good came from removing inductive charging and the wifi toggle on their version of the Note II?

Can anybody answer this?  Or at least have an idea or theory about it? 

MaureenTheTemp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree, agree, agree. One of the reasons I bought the phone was for the S-calendar widget, I love how my friends can just write directly on their calendar. You can understand about not including some things, but the S-calendar widget???? Oh, come on!! And the "plain", non-gmail widget??? And the wi-fi toggle??? I don't get it, what can Verizon possibly gain by removing those features! If I had known, I would have made my husband mad and transferred my number to another provider. I don't mind paying a little extra for Verizon because the service really is wonderful, but taking all these things off the phone makes me nuts. You can understand disabling hotspots or something else that costs Verizon money, but the S-CALENDAR WIDGET that Samsung uses as a MARKETING HOOK for the phone???? Does the S-calendar widget break into homes and steal money  when you aren't looking? Does the wi-fi toggle spray paint graffitti???

0 Likes
BassVillain
Enthusiast - Level 1

keep this up top as it truly is a total joke.  answers would be nice.

KnightlyScribe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never understood why Verizon locks down their devices so tightly.  I really don't see the point.  <Content deleted for discussion of hacking of devices per the for the community.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
acgarcia81
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too was also disappointed that all these features were removed.  Somehow I don't get why Verizon loves to cripple their devices.  Is it a security thing?  Or a performance thing?  There must be a reason why they do this.  An answer would be nice.  Nice way to cripple an awesome phone.  There is no reason why a 1.6 GHz quad core processor, with 2 GB of memory phone should be crippled.  Sooooo disappointed.

CDMA_LTE_Iphone
Contributor - Level 1

"The lockscreen missed call, missed sms bubble that should pop up has been removed."

Are you talking about when the screen is locked and you wave your hand over it and the 3 bubbles appear?

Its there!

"Continuous scrolling through screens is missing as well"

You mean when you tilt the phone and it scrolls through screens? That's there too.

0 Likes
FlyerJim

There is a bug (or missing feature) with the S-Note software. When you pull the stylus out from the Galaxy Note 2, it brings up a small floating note memo (which is great!). However, if you expand it with the arrow pointing up and to the left at the top/left part of the note, there is no way (that I know of) to reduce it back down to a small floating window. I reported it to Samsung, and they weren't aware of it and said they would pass it along to their developers. Does anyone know how to create a floating S-Note memo other than removing the stylus?

0 Likes
JCP_SR
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have to agree! Please these phones alone. I also want to choose what apps I run NOT verizon ( Google Wallet).
corymcnutt
Contributor - Level 2

From what I have read on the Internet, no Samsung Note 2 supports wireless or inductive charging?

0 Likes