Galaxy Note 4 Apps not staying in folders
jstelly

Hello!

I purchased a new Galaxy Note 4 yesterday and after downloading all of my apps, I went in the app drawer and organized them all into different folders by category. I have always done this with my galaxy s4, so I wanted to keep that up with the Note 4. Twice I have opened the app drawer up to find some of my apps have come back out of the folders. This is so frustrating and I really want to figure out how to keep apps in a folder once I have put them there. Someone please help!

Thank you!!

Jessica

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 4 Apps not staying in folders
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is quite odd jstelly, but I understand you'd like to keep your apps organized. First, from the Home Screen, touch and Hold an App Shortcut. Then, drag the shortcute onto the Create Folder icon and release. Finally, select Add Application to place additional apps in that folder. Select Done on the keyboard.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
RelevantSpeaks

I just purchased my Note last Fri, I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! RelevantSpeaks, we don't want this to be a problem for you too! Try clearing the data and cache on your device by tapping the web browser>Menu Icon>Settings>From the ADVANCED section, tap Privacy> Tap CLEAR BROWSING DATA (located at the bottom) >From the Clear browsing data prompt to clear browsing history, cookies, site data, and cookies. Power your device off/on to soft reset.

Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
caseyindc

This is happening to me as well. Apps that I've added to folders multiple times are repeatedly being deleted from the folders, leaving the folders empty. But it doesn't happen with all of my folders, just most of them, and only in the App Drawer.  Rebooting the device hasn't helped. Not sure how clearing the browser cache would help. It doesn't seem to be a web issue.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

How will clearing cache and data on the browser help with issues in the app drawer?

0 Likes
caseyindc

Yeah, that was my question.

0 Likes
StubbledGnome
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found that if I don't add the apps when creating a folder they seem to stay put better.  I create the folder then finish editing.  Then I got the 3 dot menu and click edit.  I find the folder then open it and press the plus sign.  Adding apps to folders that way seems to work most of the time.  Even after reboots.

omegabsd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, same here.  For me, it only happens with folders created in the app drawer.  It does not happen with folders created on the home screens.  In the app drawer I created about 7 folders.  A day or so later, three of them were empty.  This has happened twice since I've had the phone.

Edit:  This is the same as what is being reported here: Note 4 Apps Not Staying in App Drawer Folders

0 Likes
omegabsd
Enthusiast - Level 1

After doing some more searching, it seems that some users on Android Central have confirmed this fix as well:

"Usually after you create a folder you click on the + button to add the apps then exit. Unfortunately this won't work. What you need to do is after you create the folder close it then click on Options in the app drawers > Edit > Click on the folder > click on the + button then add apps > click done > click save. Other wise you won't see the Save button."

You might not have to actually use edit mode to add apps to a folder, but you should definitely create the folder completely first and then go back in and use the + to add them.

[ Source ]

0 Likes