Galaxy Note 4 lollipop battery drain
Supermansjt

Since my galaxy note 4 has been updated to lollipop I've noticed a considerable increase in battery drain.  On average I could make it through half a day and be around 70% battery life.  Now at half way through the day I'm averaging around 40%.  Not good.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 4 lollipop battery drain
BGood
Enthusiast - Level 1

Download the GSam battery app and that will tell you what's using the battery. Also, when your phone was updated, that resets everything, so the battery memory will need to go through a few charge discharge cycles to be up to optimum levels. So far today, my Note has used 29% in 9.5 hours with 2.75 hours of active use. Good luck!

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  It is significant and it is after the lollipop update.  What is my phone doing now that it wasn't doing before that I am not aware of, and is costing me about half of the battery I had before?  Please don't respond with general battery saving tips and 3rd party apps as a work around.

jp0030
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon, Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Please stop with the silly trouble shooting questions such as "What kind of a charger are you using?", and "have you tried a different wall outlet?"

Battery draining is a widespread known issue with Lollipop!  Stop asking us what we're doing to resolve the issue, and start asking your development team what they're doing to resolve this issue and release a fix. 

THIS IS A LOLLIPOP SOFTWARE ISSUE!!!!!!!!!    STOP WITH THE SILLY QUESTIONS AND JUST FIX IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

THANK YOU,

A 15 year Verizon customer,

John P.

jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

Thank You jp0030 ! You are exactly right.  So far the customer support responses are just silly.

0 Likes
HTCUser7654
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem.  What's the solution?

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

I just switched phones and went with the HTC Desire 626 because of the so called long battery life.. wow I am now charging my phone 3-4 times a day and I hardly use it.. what is the deal here