Galaxy S3 Battery Drain and overheating after Kit Kat
manyburgers

Immediately after updating to Kit Kat (like I had a choice) my CPU usage went through the roof and the battery began to drain and overheat. It now lasts barely an hour. This is clearly unacceptable for a mobile device and I need help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 Battery Drain and overheating after Kit Kat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's ensure you're device gets back in tip top form, Manyburgers. When you have an opportunity please test the device in Safe Mode? Do you see any improvement? Does the device still overheat? http://vz.to/1jtB2Cy

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
perola

Please remove me from this thread pronto.  I don't own a Samsung. This whining is getting on my nerves.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

perola wrote:

Please remove me from this thread pronto.  I don't own a Samsung. This whining is getting on my nerves.

Do you have your preferences set up to have any discussion created in the general Android space on the Verizon Wireless Community is sent to your email inbox or your community inbox? If so, you and you alone have to change those setting on your community profile preferences.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
manyburgers

Thank you. I have to keep it in airplane mode or it overheats and runs out of battery in an hour. Defeats the purpose of a phone to keep it in airplane mode....  Any fixes yet?

0 Likes