Re: Galaxy S3 Battery Drain with KitKat
NicholasJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

That's why I was questioning Elmore1.  The ISIS Wallet is a pre-bundled app, so there's no way for me to remove the app. I was question how he did it as there isn't an option for removing it on my S3.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Turn Off" should equate to "Disable" in other android devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Elmore1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The first time I went to ISIS Wallet it gave me the option of factory reset for that app. I answered yes and it removed it and placed it in the turned off column. I have 9 hrs since last charging and have 72% battery with moderate use.

I don't know if this will help all but has improved my battery life since removal.

Hope Samsung / Verizon push updates / fixes soon.

Thanks from a novice user.

0 Likes
DedicatedVerizonCusto

I have the same problem.  Android update 4.4.2 reduced battery life by over 1/2!!!  The battery can no longer make it through a normal business day.  As there were no other changes to the device the software update is most likely the problem.  I called Verizon support and I asked to downgrade to the previous release but they don't have a method to do that.  They went through the "normal" canned responses for battery life that have nothing to do with the update, haven't helped me at all, and they haven't yet acknowledged the software update is the source of the problem.

According to ZDNet, Google acknowledged this problem and suggested uninstalling Skype (which I have done).  That actually made a difference but android 4.4.2 it is still a huge battery hog.  KitKat giving you battery drain problems? Try uninstalling Skype, says Google as it prepares a fix |...

If Verizon can support a downgrade of the software that is probably the best fix for right now.

Otherwise we have to wait for Verizon to release the updated version of software with bug fixes for these issues.

- Concerned Verizon Customer

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

they will not fix it so you will have to upgrade to a newer phone. they did nothing for me with my s3 problems and it will never be fixed

ohiodave_batteryDrain
Enthusiast - Level 1

same problem here with battery life cut way over half. have tried the troubleshooting steps.

It happened directly after the upgrade with isis wallet and verizon customer service sent me a replacement phone without a battery. i asked the customer service rep how new hardware would fix their software problem and he said we have to try it first. I disabled isis wallet and battery life improved very slightly but it is still horrible. I used to go 8 hours before having to charge the phone and as soon as the last upgrade installed my phone will be at 20% battery by 2 hours of light use. with the multiple problems billing and account wise that I had last upgrade, bad signal and dropped calls only to be told to buy a cell booster, and customer service reps that follow the canned responses rather than listening to their customers and attempting to provide a reasonable / logical solution I doubt I'm going to stick around once the contract expires this Oct.

NicholasJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried a different S3 with 4.4.2. Same problem. Battery drops considerably. Andoid System is taking the plurality of the battery life (~24%) all the time.

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

just get a new phone when you can because VZW will not fix s3 problems. they should not release updates if a phone cannot handle them at all. the s3 was the top of the line phone so they should have made a effort to fix it. I was lucky to get a early upgrade or else I would have had to deal with this GARBAGE phone until October. I have a s5 now and I love it.

jenroy21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an S3 and mine started doing this battery issue out of nowhere few weeks ago. I don't remember my phone doing an upgrade so I took it to the verizon store and they told me that cop out story of its your phone cells you need a new phone and since mine was under warranty I got a replacement and guess what?! It's still doing it and even got a new battery. I am still on 4.4.2. I am about ready to be done with this phone.

boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

go get a new phone because the s3 is a PIECE OF JUNK. VERIZON  would not fix the problems. replacement phone did not work for me either so I got a s5 which is so much better than my old s3. the problems people were having should have been fixed.