Galaxy S3 won't open pdf's
brendakim

After receiving an email that yahoo mail would no longer be supported on my device I installed the yahoo mail app.  I can no longer open any pdf file attachments that I receive.  Anyone have any suggestions.  I already have a pdf viewer installed and this worked fine until the mail app install.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 won't open pdf's
bearone21
Legend

are you offered "open office" when you try to open the pdf??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to view your full message is key brendakim. We want this working at it's best for you. Let's see what we can find. What error do you get when you try to open an attachment? Are you able to view the rest of the message that isn't in the PDF? Are the PDF's opening correctly when you log into a computer to view the message?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brendakim

Cannot find application top open this file is the message. Everything else in the email is fine and it can be opened from a computer or another device.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i just sent a pdf to my s3 with both  imap & yahoo app accounts & both opened fine.

i can't find open office in app mgr but i'm pretty sure that's what opened it.

in looking at the play store, i may try ms office, that's what i have on other pc & laptops.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bearone21 Your efforts are much appreciated. Please keep us posted after you attempt MS Office. A 3rd party app is always a great option.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!