Re: Galaxy S4 randomly rebooting after VRUFNG6 update!
bowbag
Enthusiast - Level 2

Take a look on youtube.

0 Likes
brojo63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, its going to take a news story, high visibility on social media, or worse case, somebody losing a life because of a dropped 911 call.  Anyway you look at this, Verizon is aware of the problem and their lack of concern will ultimately lead to some sort of lawsuit.

techPam
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone was restarting/freezing constantly until I tried the suggestion here: NG6 update has been hell on earth

Hope it helps!

0 Likes
GodFear17
Enthusiast - Level 1

So ive been watching thus thread a while. Just had to chime in and say ever since the update my phone reboots randomly even in middle of calls.

I have not done a factory data reset and will not do it. Sorry. If that is the fix i am switching providers.  Only extra "app" i have is face book and facebook messenger. I have removed both and it does same thing without them.

I have cleared the cache no change

I have ran the phone in safe mode and it does in fact reboot randomly still.

I had zero issues with the phone until the moment the update was applied.  I have tried other batteries etc. Nothing cures it. As a IT guy i have to say this "bug" is absolutely ridiculous and all i see from VZ is the normal cs type stuff. Which is just wasting customers time.

Im currently thinking a class action suit might be in order as i have lost days and down time and it has cost me money. Hang ups in the middle of conversations with clients etc. I know there has to be others.

All i want is a fix and and some accountability is that so hard of a thing?

At this point if we cant get a fix or some kind of real support steps need yo be taken to compensate people for their losses.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Some on here have solved the re-booting issue of this phone by enabling all the disabled and turned off apps in the app drawer, including "knox".

GodFear17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found that yesterday and did it. So far no rebooting for a day. Thank you for the input its hard to believe samsung or VZ couldnt get a tech to figure that out and make a post about it. Its like they have zero accountability.  I mean the community had to just figure it out. Epic fail verizon/samsung.

0 Likes
joonhyuk
Contributor - Level 1

There has been a new update released for the S4. Go into your Settings Menu and select Software Update. This is to fix the power cycling and VPN connection issues. One step closer to Lollipop!

0 Likes
Nostalgic-Link
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know what's really BS about this update?  I had this rebooting issue for weeks; I contacted Verizon, who put me in touch with Samsung, who wanted me to pay to repair the phone, since my warranty ran up 2 months ago... I went back to Verizon and they told me they can't do anything, so I had to file a claim through Asurion, not knowing that this rebooting issue was due to the NG6 update, and I paid the $99 deductible to get a new S4... that S4 had the same problem... returned it... Asurion sent me a 3rd S4... having the same problems... now it's too late for me to get a refund for that deductible I shouldn't have had to have paid.  WHAT A SCAM!

0 Likes
Ray_Sir
Enthusiast - Level 2

This does seem to be the "official" fix - now, it would have been nice if Verizon had acknowledged the fact that this was a problem and they were working on it instead of blaming us for downloading software.  (What would people say if MS or Apple blamed people for "Installing third party software" if a significant portion of the user base complained that a recent update hosed their systems?)

As a side note, has anybody noticed that there is still some inexplicable power drains at times, along with the sudden inability to get a GPS lock after the NG6 update?  I'm hoping this newest update will fix those as well.

Thanks for the heads up joonhyuk

0 Likes
posaune76

How does this update show any progress toward Lollipop on the S4? It's a bug fix. Also, there's no incremental progress toward Lollipop. You don't accumulate an OS update over time. It's installed, or it isn't. You could be sitting around on Jellybean on a device until L comes out, then update.

0 Likes