Galaxy S5 Constant Restart
shear_brad
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few days ago my Galaxy S5 began constantly restarting. I can't get into the phone to back it up, safe mode does not help, I cannot wipe the system cache, the only way to stop it is to remove the battery. I have not dropped it or updated any software recently. I've seen this same issue in several threads, so it's obviously not an isolated case. I have a "like-new" (which is BS) replacement coming since I've had it less than a year, but I have 800+ pictures that will be lost when I send this one in. Does anyone know how to pull files from a phone's hard drive when it's turned off and charging?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 Constant Restart
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
shear.brad,

Oh boy, we don't want you to lose any of your precious memories! Pictures have a variety of ways that they can be stored. Is it possible that you had your pictures store to an SD card or via an app like Verizon Cloud?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
shear_brad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some were saved on an attached SD card, but the 800+ pictures I described earlier are only on the device. I've talked to Verizon and Samsung tech support, but they were unable to help. I need to know if there is another way to pull files from the phone's hard drive while plugged in- without it being powered on.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Do you have any apps that are turned off?  Some on here have stopped the rebooting syndrome by turning on all their turned off apps. You might give that a check, could help you keep you phone on long enough to get the pictures transferred in batches.

0 Likes
shear_brad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can only get onto the phone for 10-15 seconds before it restarts, so I can't really go through all of my apps to see if they're running. I have tried clicking "reset app preferences" in the application manager, but that didn't fix anything. I should also mention that I "upgraded" to Android 4.5 lollipoop during the first wave of updates.

0 Likes
shear_brad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure if this is helpful info, but any time I try to go into Recovery Booting as it resets, it says "No Command" and shows the android guy with a little red triangle above his chest.

0 Likes
tom_cox

I was wondering if you solved your problem of the S5 rebooting constantly. Mine just started doing the same thing today!

0 Likes
shear_brad
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was no resolution to the problem. I had to return my phone, because Verizon sent me a refurbed one as a replacement. I lost a year's worth of pictures/videos/files. I guess the moral is that Samsung phones crap out, so you have to back everything up or risk losing it.

0 Likes