Re: Galaxy S5 echo issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for responding back MLSyring. We can help review all these details. If you replaced the phones under the Worry Free Guarantee, we can help review all this info, and see what we can do about the restock fee. Please Follow me back, and send out a DM. Thank you. We look forward to working with you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vsherk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got mine fixed!  In my case it turned out to be the LifeProof case causing the echo.  I switched to an Otterbox Symmetry (which just covers the back) and a piece of tempered glass and no more echo!

rsmith6120

Same issue here...  Looks like a Lifeproof issue.

0 Likes
JennyRice
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an echo as well.  This is already a replacement in a week since my first one would shut down or reboot on it's own. Any help much appreciated....  I guess I will have to convince Verizon to replace my phone again Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Moonerah
Enthusiast - Level 2

So..my echo is fixed! Verizon got a bad batch of Sim cards AND to all of you who got life proof cases with their phones, take it back. It's the case which causes half the echo problem not all the phone. Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JennyRice lets get you clear as a whistle! Do you have a case on the device? Have you tried to reset the device connection by removing/inserting the sim card?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rambocarpenter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an ehco on my galaxy s5 too and I don't have a life proof case. I have to keep hanging up on calls and calling people back to try to get rid of it.

0 Likes
MLSyring
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it was through the Worry Free Guarantee...apparently not trouble free...

I hope we can get this resolved.  I have had NOTHING but positives for  VZW besides the phone replacement issue.  The new phones work great, service is way better than Sprint, but the communication and followup from the customer service side has been atrocious...

0 Likes
JennyRice
Enthusiast - Level 2

No case, swapped SIM for another and now Verizon is replacing my phone.  The tech support person said that is what they are doing for this issue.

0 Likes
Thom_Mac
Enthusiast - Level 1

im on my second s5 and second phone case. swapped them out at verizon and problem still persist. Spent 3 hours there just so they could set the phone up. total of 8 hours ive spent in the store for this problem. Everything works fine other than the echo problem. Im going on vacation in a week and cant have this problem going on while im out of town. As a brand new verizon customer i regret choosing vzw over sprint, wish i would have just went with sprint! Verizon Wireless Customer Support Verizon Wireless Admin