Galaxy S5 email sync issues
morrisck

I just got my Galaxy S5 a few weeks ago and was able to setup both Exchange email and Verizon POP3 email, however I've recently discovered that both emails only sync when I'm connected to wifi.  Does anyone know why this would be happening?  Anyone else having a similar issue? I am able to browse the Internet and have confirmed that I am not blocking email downloads and am not roaming.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5 email sync issues
AZSALUKI
Legend

have you checked the email app's settings to make sure that it's not set to only sync when connected to wifi (as a data usage precaution)? for example, i have my play store app set to automatically update apps, but only when connected to wifi so it doesn't download a 500mb app update while i'm on the LTE network. many apps have a feature like this. i don't have the s5 so i can't check the settings, but it's worth a look.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

have you checked the email app's settings to make sure that it's not set to only sync when connected to wifi (as a data usage precaution)? for example, i have my play store app set to automatically update apps, but only when connected to wifi so it doesn't download a 500mb app update while i'm on the LTE network. many apps have a feature like this. i don't have the s5 so i can't check the settings, but it's worth a look.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

also, make sure data on the mobile network is enabled in your device's general settings. it should be under "networks" or something like that.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i also came across this in another forum: "My S5 wouldn't sync with Microsoft Active Exchange. Solution was related power saving actions. Go to battery and unchecked all saving options. If you want to save background data, then exchange will work only on wi fi."

specifically, uncheck the background data box in the power saving settings.