Galaxy S5 miscellaneous files eating storage
Jan1945
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ive read other posts in other forums.  I did the cache thing. I've moved most of my pix & apps to SD card.  Still have more than 1/3rd in misc files listed under storage. I did not buy this phone expecting not to be able to have apps &/or update them. I'm maxed. Either publish an acceptable solution, provide more internal memory or offer a trade to the S6. I've been deleting apps so I can update apps for over a month. And I don't have that many apps downloaded to begin with nor do i have the time to keep this up.

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy S5 miscellaneous files eating storage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jan1945

Being able to store your information on the phone is very important. How much space exactly has been used for the Miscellaneous files? When you tap on the Misc Files, how much has been used for system memory? Have you performed the most recent system update?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tallulah62
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same problem for a long time. When I explore my phone via settings -> storage, I see that I have over 5 gigs listed under miscellaneous files. If I select all files they add up to less than 1 gig. Where and what are the other 4+ gigs and how do I access them so I can assess them?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tallulah62, dealing with storage issues can be a real bummer when using your phone. We appreciate all the steps you have taken to try and correct it. It has been reported that the cause of this storage issue may be connected to the dialer size storage. To reduce this, messages must be deleted. Please note that just clearing cache/force stop in Messaging app will not help. Must delete messages and/or multimedia from the app and the check Dialer Storage memory via settings>application>application manager>Dialer Storage. Please give this a try and don't hesitate to reach out for additional help.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes