Galaxy S5 software update
OragamiKonan

I had to set my Galaxy S5 back to factory default today.  I know there was update pushed thru a few months back and I remember installing it and the changes it made on my phone.  But now when I check for software updates thru my phone, it says I have the most current software.  How can I get that update pushed to my phone again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 software update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s paramount that we help you make sure you have the latest software, OragamiKonan. One of the features of the software updates is that a factory data reset does not undo any updates that were previously performed on the device. So that update from a few months ago is still on your device.

Here is a link to Verizon’s Samsung S 5 page that shows the latest software in the link that says “Benefits of Software Upgrade” : http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/ . According to this, the software should read Software Version: LRX21T.G900VVRU2BOG5 . Please verify your device shows this by going to Apps > Settings > About phone > Build number  .

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

OragamiKonan

I think I had 7 screens avl before yesterday and after factory reset, I only have 4. Why would that happen? The additional screens became avl after this most recent update and now they are not avl. That's one of the reasons I think I do not have the latest software.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
OragamiKonan

Also my text messages have a completely different look. Nothing at all like my prior text messaging app.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes