Galaxy S6 not getting push notifications while connected to wifi
astarr09

A few weeks ago my Galaxy S6 Edge stopped getting app notifications while connected to wifi. I will go to bed with my phone connected to wifi. I wake up and I have no notifications on my phone, not even from Gmail. I can either turn the wifi off or leave the house and once wifi is disconnected all the apps on  my phone get notifications immediately. As long as I am not connected to wifi my phone works normally. If I'm connected to wifi the above happens and the wifi is very slow. I thought it was my router at first but other people in the house with the same phone have no issues. I have seen this problem posted to the T-Mobile support page but nothing on Verizon. Is anyone else having this problem on Verizon? The T-mobile support pages say its a issue with the software on the phone that Samsung has to fix.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S6 not getting push notifications while connected to wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

astarr09,

Receiving notification of what's going on with your phone and apps is definitely important. Let's figure out what's causing them not to work when you're connected to WiFi. I checked and I don't see any issues that Samsung has confirmed with us. You mentioned that this happens on your home WiFi, what happens if you connect to a different WiFi source? When checking the WiFi settings, is Keep WiFi on during sleep on? You can check by going to Settings > WiFi > click Menu (three dots) in upper right > Advanced > Keep WiFi on during sleep on.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
astarr09

It usually works okay on most wifi. I have noticed things still load slowly on wifi. I have only left it overnight at my own house so not sure what would happen on another wifi overnight. Wifi on during sleep is already set to always on. Our other S6 doesn't have these problems on wifi at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details. We want to make sure that we get this corrected for you. Let's try using safe mode and then testing the notifications. Try this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152448/. We will be here for the results.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes