Galaxy s5 software update
G-Gregory

DON'T DO IT!!!!! It will completely change your phone, not for the better. It erased almost 200 of my pictures. All the colors are changed and terrible! It looks like a completely different phone. I HATE IT! It ruined my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s5 software update
Snn5
Legend

While I won't disagree that a lot of S5 owners have had an issue with the update as far as proper function, the rest of your post is an opinion.

Theladykt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally agree with you.  The new color scheme is atrocious.    On the Call screen, the accept/disconnect call button has been moved.  The keyboard when you are on a call is so small now.

schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

Everyone agrees that Lollipop 5.0 is the worst Android version out there.  Here are some facts that make this absolute crapware:

1.  The volume button toggle no longer can be used to silence the phone - WTH
2.  The power button menu now ONLY has power off - FAIL HERE - This WAS A VITAL MENU FOR REBOOT, AIRPLANE, MUTE, VIBRATE - Now they are ALL GONE.

3.  The COLORS A RE LIKE GRADE SCHOOL - PRIMARY COLORS WASH OUT

4.  Menu are in WHITE BACKGROUD - Battery hog
5.  Wifi now does not connect consistently
There are tons of issues.   AVOID AT ALL COSTS-

Theladykt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually the volume will.  If you take it all the way down by holding the button, let go at end and tap again a new menu comes us with an option to mute it indefinitely (not even alarms which I like) or set a time limit on it.   Something I actually like.   Gasp....Something I like with this update

My s5 has power off, airplane mode, restart and emergency mode.   Yea I wish I could change the bright white background.

0 Likes
mpkrauss8189
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update was horrible!!! Apparently now you can't have the phone on Silent and the Alarm go off ... you have to have the phone noise on in order to hear the alarm ... and the colors are AWFUL!!!!

0 Likes