Re: Galaxy watch not receiving text messages when in standalone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on getting a new smartwatch. I know this is not the start that we want you to have using the new tech. Rest assured we are here to help resolve the messaging issue so that you can enjoy all the features and get the most out of your new watch.

I would like to gather a few details to best assist. Is your phone and watch updated with current software and apps? Have you unpaired the watch and set it back up?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
erco
Enthusiast - Level 1

So frustrated by this. For the $$ that I'm paying each month for numbershare/device payment EVERYTHING should work in stand-alone mode. In stand-alone: I can send and receive calls from my cell number. I can also send text from my cell number. But I can not receive text in stand-alone mode. I can receive text when in Bluetooth. Yes I have read all posts here. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, erco! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your Galaxy Watch. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you tell us a little more? When did this issue start? How did you activate the watch? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
erco
Enthusiast - Level 1

The day I activated it, Dec 24. And I followed the directions on the Verizon site. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

erco, I greatly appreciate those details. Correct, the device should work in Standalone Mode when on its own line with Numbershare. Have you confirmed you have Numbershare and that the device is activated successfully on the line? Can you place/receive calls on your watch?    EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
Ahayden

So can the Galaxy Active 2 not receive and send text via numbershare in standalone mode? That defeats the purpose of standalone mode. I am going to return if the answer to my question is yes. Please help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our only goal is to answer your questions accurately, Ahayden. Your SmartWatch is able to send and receive text messages in standalone more if the watch is activated with its own line of service. Is it?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Very_grateful
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for solving this issue. I was going nuts as well. Going back and forth with Verizon and Samsung, no one was able to help me. They ended up saying it was a network issue. I wish I would have seen this a couple of month ago, it definitely would have saved me from having a headache...

0 Likes
Very_grateful
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure if I sent this previously for you to see @supercalifrigilastic, but thank you for figuring it out.

0 Likes
stevenlellis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot receive texts on my LTE Galaxy watch regardless if connected to phone or not.  I do receive phone calls on this watch. Also, I can send texts from the watch.

What do I need to do to receive texts? I think I was able to at one point.

Please help, I'm about to give up and return it!

0 Likes