Re: Galaxy watch not receiving text messages when in standalone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, you should be able to send text messages. What type of signal do you currently have on your Galaxy Watch? Does your Samsung Galaxy Watch app show your watch is connected?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
02bme

I have just spent weeks with the text message issue on a non-Verizon LTE Galaxy watch with number-share. Android phone, Note 8.

First issue is the watch would only receive and make call through the watch number. This was a above second level tech issue and was fixed by the network techs.

My last conversation with the Verizon tech (9/25/2020) told me that the watch will only receive and send Text messages through the watch phone number  in stand-alone mode, when not connected to Bluetooth. The tech I spoke to said that this is the way it is and there is nothing that can be changed about it.

There is a work-around I stumbled on. I had been using PULSE SMS messenger on my phone for years. They have a watch App in the Galaxy Store that works with PULSE messenger once downloaded in your phone. 

Now in stand-alone mode, new text messages that come in alert me on the watch and my responses will be from my cell number. Initiating a new text from the watch (that I have not had a previous watch correspondence with) will be the watch number, but it appears once a conversation has started it works fine showing your cell number.

For me, just being able to quickly respond on the watch (without my phone around) is the main reason for getting the LTE version.

I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. We thank you for sharing your feedback about the issues you were experiencing with your Galaxy watch not receiving text messages when in standalone mode. We've also noted your reference that the Samsung Galaxy Watch you have is a non-Verizon LTE network compatible watch as well as the feedback you've received from our Technical Support Team. The feedback you're provided about finding a workaround is a good option. However, we want to ensure that it works for other Verizon customers too. Are both of your devices working correctly now? Please share more info about this with our team. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Mike4541

I was just having this issue in 2020 and the fix is very simple. Just turn off Bluetooth on the watch, it will connect remotely, and will not operate in standalone mode. No need for any other steps

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes