Game apps advertising popping up on my phone even when I am not using it.
snuggles612681
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting game advertisements that pop up on my phone whether I am on my phone or not.  Has anyone else had this issue?  If so, how do you stop it?

0 Likes
Re: Game apps advertising popping up on my phone even when I am not using it.
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

snuggles612681 

It is notifications for google play games app. All "google play" apps notification/ads can be customized and personalized.

0 Likes
snuggles612681
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned off notifications for google and all games and I still get them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Snuggles612681,

Thanks for all your hard work in an effort to resolve this issue. Are the game pop-ups advertising a specific company games or items? Do you recall downloading a particular application or game around the time the pop-ups started? Typically pop-ups come from applications/games that have been downloaded to your device. 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
snuggles612681
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't recall what I downloaded at that time, but I am going to try to uninstall all the games and apps that I can and see if it helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a very good idea. You can view your download history and remove them from there. We will need to isolate the issue.  BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
snuggles612681
Enthusiast - Level 2

Removing the apps did not stop the pop ups.  This is very frustrating, I wish I could just take my phone into a store and have them check it out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the way we want you to feel over device ads. You mentioned that removing the applications did not prevent the advertisements. Are you saying that you deleted all the apps from the device and you still received pop-ups? What steps did you take to remove the apps? SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes