Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,726 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Garbled and Breaking Up Calls
JOYADK98
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last 2 weeks, I have been pretty much unable to use my phone for making phone calls.  It makes no difference where I am, how many bars I have, call to a cell phone or landline, etc.  It does it at home and away.  I was on vacation last week 400 miles away and still the same problem.  People say that the calls breaks up and cuts out and that I sometimes sound very "robotic." 

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I do have an older Samsung phone - Samsung Galaxy J3.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: Garbled and Breaking Up Calls
JOYADK98
Enthusiast - Level 2

Edited to correct - this has been going on for 3 weeks - not 2.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JOYADK98. You can find many of the more common solutions to this issue here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-j3-v-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&SMJ320VZK... . If you sign in, it will keep track of any steps taken on your account.

0 Likes
JOYADK98
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get an error message when I click on the link.

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 6:26 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
JOYADK98
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, this did not solve my problem or help.  My problem is not listed in the FAQs

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

JOYADK98 wrote:

I get an error message when I click on the link.

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 6:26 PM vzw_customer_support <

Did you click on the link from the email notification of the post in the community forum? If so, you need to click on the link from the community website instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOYADK98
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, i was able to go to the page indicated, but it was not helpful as it

does not address the issue that i am having.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOYADK98, making sure you have a reliable working device is vital. We want to thank you for taking the time to review the troubleshooting link we have provided. Let’s continue to work towards a resolution. Can you please let us know if there is any physical or liquid damage to your device https://vz.to/2KtpCEU? Also, you have mentioned that the calling concern started around 3 weeks ago, has anything changed on your device around that same time (software update, new apps)? Furthermore, how does the audio sound when you record a video on your device https://vz.to/2QmmHgP?

Sylvia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOYADK98
Enthusiast - Level 2

There has been no damage of any kind to my phone. As far as I know, there

have been on updates. I do not record videos, so I do not know anything

about that.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 6:12 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
pamelaf_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi JOYADK98,

We definitely want your calls to be crystal clear. Thanks for checking for the damage. The additional details regarding the software update and videos was helpful as well. Let's ensure that this issue is resolved. I have sent you a direct message, please review and respond to this message.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Add thoughts to the community

Start a new topic or ask questions in the open forum.