Gear S with LG V10
Marytattoo

I want to get a V10 tomorrow (11/28). Will my Gear S currently paired with my Note 4 work with the LG V10?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gear S with LG V10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Marytattoo

The new LG V10 is a great device choice!  I also want to ensure your devices are compatible for use.  Which model Gear S watch do you currently have?  You can check device models compatibility for the Gear S here: http://vz.to/1TipUt4 in the “Specs” section.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Marytattoo

The new LG V10 is a great device choice!  I also want to ensure your devices are compatible for use.  Which model Gear S watch do you currently have?  You can check device models compatibility for the Gear S here: http://vz.to/1TipUt4 in the “Specs” section.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The simple answer is no.  The Gear watches are only compatible with Samsung smartphones. 

0 Likes
Marytattoo

Your answer is confusing because the specs list Samsung-only phones. I'd heard some ppl were able to use the Gear S with the LG V10. I'm trying to find out who's right

0 Likes
Marytattoo

Was referring to the Verizon rep's answer above.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your Samsung phone has an application for pairing with the Gear that will not work with the LG phone.

I Suggest you do more research  the app has been usable on non Samsung phones.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's not on the list as being so, but neither was this person's:

Gear s2

Towards the end they offer up on how they got the app on their device.

0 Likes
Marytattoo

Mine is not the S2. Just the S.  I've seen some day the S will work and some who say it won't. I'm still paying on the line for the S.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Ohhh. Yeah, the S is Samsung only. You could sell the S, see if someone will take over the line and get the S2 - but even then not a sure deal it will work with the new device either.