Get this Gingerbread junk off my Droid 2- HELP!
eg146
Enthusiast - Level 3
This update has basically caused my phone to stop working in almost every way possible.

It freezes every 5 minutes so can't email anyone or go on the web, the calendar goes off at times its not set to, the calls are hardly audible, and I could go on.

I just want the old 2.2 Froyo back until these 2.3 update issues are fixed.

My phone is not rooted, have no idea what that even means much less how to do it. Can I get my Droid 2 back to the prior OS? Or am I stuck with a phone that works 1/4 of the time??

Please advise. Thank you
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Get this Gingerbread junk off my Droid 2- HELP!
Wildman
Legend

There isn't any way to reverse the update, by chance have you tried hard resetting the device because under some situations apps that was installed causes issues with software updates...  Usually backup data and hard resetting the device will resolve a number of issues.

Hard Reset Process..

1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the X button down until a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark appears.

3. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to bring up the menu. (You may have to try this a few times before it works)

4. Select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Power key to confirm it.

5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.

6. Select Yes – delete all user data.

7. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

There isn't any way to reverse the update, by chance have you tried hard resetting the device because under some situations apps that was installed causes issues with software updates...  Usually backup data and hard resetting the device will resolve a number of issues.

Hard Reset Process..

1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the X button down until a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark appears.

3. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to bring up the menu. (You may have to try this a few times before it works)

4. Select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Power key to confirm it.

5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.

6. Select Yes – delete all user data.

7. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK

0 Likes
eg146
Enthusiast - Level 3
I had a feeling that was gonna be the case since hours of Google searching came up with nothing. For non-rooted people anyway like myself.
Did a hard reset, wiped the partion cache and rebooted but its still freezing. Will try factory reset after I back everything up.
Thanks for your reply!
0 Likes