Re: Getting Weak Signal and sometimes No Signal at all with Note 3
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wow, I didn't realize just how challenging removing the SIM card could be on the Note 3.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154, it's not that bad if you stand on one foot, face North, hold your tongue just right, and spin in a circle while attempting the SIM card removal.     Obviously, it's not that bad, but it can be a chore.

Tuna
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't wait to get off work so I can drop by a Verizon store to replace the SIM.. I just pray that fixes it. I've been reading this old forum post and many have stated that replacing the SIM was a temp fix but would result to the same issue after about a week. Many also stated that it's a hardware issue which I hope isn't the case.. since I got mine back in October when it first released, doubt I could take it back now for a replacement @_@

0 Likes
Tuna
Enthusiast - Level 3

tikibar1, so I did a SIM card swap today. Sadly I think it made it worse lol. Signal is on 1x more than it is on 3g and with my previous SIM card, I would at least get some 3g signals here and there. It's frustrating to think there probably isn't a solution to this.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I hate to hear that.  You could always try another SIM card.  That may not help, either, but might be better than the SIM card you currently have.

0 Likes
kay_dee_gee
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK let's digress.. Does ANY Verizon 4G phone get service in the places you are not??

It would not be unheard of for you to have rec'd a defective phone, brand new, out of the box. It DOES happen, albeit rarely. But just as mentioned earlier about not touching the gold bars/connection ports on SIM card.. The internal parts of where the SIM is installed could be faulty.  If I were you, I'd confirm other 4G phones are receiving the correct signal in the areas and if so, have Verizon replace your Note3 all together. 

OH - You can also try removing the SIM and seeing what reception you get without it. I honestly don't know if the Note3 does this - I've never had any issues other than being in Global as I mentioned before.  But my previous phone the RAZR MAXX had a SIM and it would function perfectly without it installed.  But again.. that was earlier software so... it may be a  nullified option on the Note3.

Anyway. ... GOOD LUCK!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be worth trying the new SIM card in another phone to see what kind of signal a different phone receives. This way the SIM card can be verified that it is functional. Then the OP can look at if the phone itself is faulty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
julienthesun
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Note3 also and I lose signal see 1x more often than 4g and we have 5 devices at this house and mine is the only issue. They have sent me 3 phones. I've even went to the Samsung store and had it flashed...After getting a new SIM card. I've had tech send it to engineering and still it's the same No resolution!!! I just don't know what to do. I've spent hours on the phone with Verizon.  I just have resolved to use it when it works. I have taken screen shots of when I have no service and even text messages get rejected.  What is so bad is I am almost bed ridden and rely on my phone for about everything 😞 After reading your post I wonder if what one tech said to me is correct "there is a known issue with the antenna in some of the Note 3's" and the phones I have been sent may have been refurbished and have antenna issue. I dunno. ..maybe Kitkat coming in  early May for the Note will resolve our issues. One can only hope.

0 Likes
Tuna
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too read it could be an antenna issue.. It's such a shame. This phone's battery life and power is just too great for me to give up for another device. Hopefully the new firmware release would help it but.. this issue has been going since Oct. 2013 😕

0 Likes