Getting duplicate text messages..
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Since last week, i have been receiving duplicate text messages.  How do I stop this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting duplicate text messages..
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Anyone out there? How do i stop the duplicate text messages?  I was told to turn off the notifications on the stock HTC messaging app, but that didnt help. Still getting dupes.  2 of each incoming text msg.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

I am using Verizon Messaging Plus app by the way.   If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmopro1,

I’m disappointed to learn you’re experiencing issues with receiving duplicate messages. I will be delighted to get this fixed for you and get you messages back to normal. Is this happening with all of your contacts or certain contacts? Is there an update available for your Messages Plus app? Is your voice and data service working ok?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Happening with almost all contacts and also messages from outside my contacts.

Messaging Plus is updated so that is not the problem. voice and data? yeh that is fine. just need one text instead of 2.  Need this fixed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmopro1-

We want to get to the root cause and get this issue resolved for you. We will need you to please access your phone Settings>more>App Manager>From the "All" section locate your Messaging app and select: Force close/stop, clear cache, clear data, uninstall updates. Once you complete that, please power your phone off for a full minute and restart it back on. Please also delete messaging thread for the ones you show duplicates and start a new thread to test it out.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disable the text message application you don't use. Set the application you do use as the default message application.

You also didn't mention which phone model you have. It might help to provide that information when asking for assistance on the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

This thread should show the model. In order to start this thread i had to choose HTC One M8 model,etc. Not sure why it doesnt do that.  Should show choices that initiated the thread.  Anyway, there is no way to disable the HTC Messaging app. If there were, i wouldve done it.. or if i knew.  My only option is force close which i did and that did nothing. So that is not a solution for me.  You didn't say how to disable the HTC app. Please supply that information with all the steps.  The disable button is grayed out.  Messages Plus has the disable button activated , but HTC messages app has it grayed out. Figures!

Also, i already have Messages Plus as my default. That is the one i use. In order to use it, u have to set it as default I think because the phone asked u which one you want to use.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Also, how come this was never an issue before? i never disabled the HTC messaging app before. Why is it suddenly an issue?  This is not a cell tower issue?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your discussion thread is in the Android space. There is absolutely no mention of a HTC One M8 anywhere in the thread until you mentioned it now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes