Getting frustrated - No calls or texts, but mobile data works
NotWorking

Since approximately 3:00 PM today, I have not been able to send or receive calls or texts.  I called Tech Support at 6:00 PM.  At 9:10 PM, I was placed on hold "for a minute".  At 9:15 PM, I was disconnected.

I tried calling back in, but "unfortunately, I reached Verizon outside of normal business hours."  I then switched to chat and Facebook Messenger for help.  No reply on Facebook, and the chat guy is suggesting I go to a place with signal.  However, my wife, who is 3 feet away (ok, maybe I exaggerate, she's at least 4 feet away) has full signal 4G.  Also, according to CellMapper (an awesome app), I am connected at -74 dBm of signal power. 

0 Likes
Re: Getting frustrated - No calls or texts, but mobile data works
smcolivas
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto... the app just froze up and won't allow me to open to send and/or receive.  IF I go to a contact on my phone it will allow me to text but I can't open the app to see any response or other texts.  I un-installed and then says there is an update.  Did that two times and NO difference.  Also turned off and powered up twice.  No difference.  

What is going on?  I have wifi and 4G signals. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have all your services working correctly, we'll be glad to help. Is this happening at other locations as well or only in your home? Have you updated your device recently?

0 Likes
Maurice16
Enthusiast - Level 1

Calls don't work. Text does. Same behavior in different places, since Friday noon. I have rebooted my machine, to no avail

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details, Maurice16. Are you still having this issue today? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes