Gingerbread 2.3 update for HTC Merge?
Drinkinxtea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed that US Celluar had come out with an update for the HTC Merge to go from 2.2 to the new 2.3. But will Verizion follow behind and release the update too? After reading the reviews on the GIngerbread update for Android it's made me anxious to get it! Does anyone have a clue if they'll actually release it, or not? Any information would be much appreciated!

I really hope they do because I could go for a better battery life! :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
Re: Gingerbread 2.3 update for HTC Merge?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Good question! Since Verizon Wireless never directly sold the HTC Merge, you might need to contact HTC instead and find out if there is an update planned or pending.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Drinkinxtea
Enthusiast - Level 2

So because I bought it from Verzion, they didn't directly sell it? Hahah Slightly confused but I'll contact HTC to ask about it since I want the update bad enough :smileyhappy: Thanks!

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Verizon never sold it directly via their website or actual verizon stores. Only 3rd party retailers were able to get it.  Wouldn't hold my breath on updates for a phone that Verizon didn't even want to sell. 

0 Likes
Drinkinxtea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted HTC to ask about the update! If they tell me no, then I'll start causing a fuss. But thanks ya'll for the help! :smileyhappy:

wholeo12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey i have the same problem. I've talked to htc and they told me to speak with a Verizon supervisor. I spoke to them and they told me to go to the forums and get a lot of people to talk about the upgrade and hopefully they'll listen to us. Still pretty pissed off, they had me waiting for the longest time. Let's make this happen guys!

Randyrtx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really like the Merge, but had I known that Verizon would be treating it as an unwanted orphan, I would have bought something else.

We really need the 2.3 Update!

HTClover123
Enthusiast - Level 3

ya we need the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Verizon needs to listen to us......!!!

HTClover123
Enthusiast - Level 3

like up the posts and the thread and maybe verizon will listen to us, even if you dont have a HTC Merge do it for people who do!!:)

HTClover123
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sent in my Merge to PCD and they said they can flash the rom for gingerbread on the Merge, PCD are the ones who do repaires for Verizon Wireless, hope it works!

PCD's Number: 1800-229-1235

P.S. HTC cannot flash roms for HTC Merge so dont bother calling them!

0 Likes