Re: Gizmo gadget touch screen not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caldous, we want to be sure the Gizmo gadget has a working screen. Since the screen isn't working but the device still works, have you tried powering the device off and back on? If you have tried that, have you also tried the factory reset? 

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
JMC924

We are having the same problem.  Only had the watch for 2 weeks.  Screen went completely black.  Could still receive calls but can’t see anyone screen.  Tried factory reset and now it won’t work at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
w_hill43

Same thing just happened to our Gizmo too.... screen is completely blacked out, but it talks to us and can receive calls. Tried the factory reset, but it didn’t do anything except erase the information and contacts. Now we can’t call it anymore. Completely useless now!

0 Likes
iracine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to my son's watch within three months of normal use. I did all the steps, turning it off, turning it on, factory reset. Nothing has fixed the black screen. I submitted a service request. Basically that is messages of "so sorry this happened, please provide us with more information" to which I explain the issue again and then they reply "need more information." 

Clearly this is an issue with the watch if this many of us have had the same problem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to help you with your Gizmo, iracine! It's important to have a working device, and I'm so sorry to learn about what's going on with yours. Tell me, has it come in contact with any liquids? Is there any physical damage? Are you using the same one, or a replacement?

-Jordan

0 Likes
khueske

The same thing has happened to my daughter’s watch. The screen is black. It will receive calls but has nothing on the screen. I have tried turning it off and on and that didn’t help. Afraid to try the factory reset as most people have said this has made it completely useless. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help with your watch! Send us a Private Message.

*Eli

0 Likes
WRLDTRL

Same issue here. Is there a prescribed fix for this? What is the point of having the watch with the screen not working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I agree. I want you to be able to have a watch that works. Please tell me more about what happened to the watch? What have you done so far? 

-Amber

0 Likes