GizmoWatch custom text messages not syncing
roseds

I'm able to edit the prebuilt text messages for my childs GizmoWatch in the app, but the changes aren't sent to the watch, so the edit function doesn't seem to work.  The App says the correct messages should be listed, but the watch still has the defaults.  How can I force the watch to update with the text messages I need?

0 Likes
Re: GizmoWatch custom text messages not syncing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get your Gizmo watch set up properly, and we want to get you the help you need. Has this feature work properly before? What make and model is the parent phone?

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
roseds

No it's never worked, but these are brand new watches.  We've tried on an iPhone XR and an iPhone 7.  Both phones show the messages were editted in the gizmohub app, but the watches don't show the new editted messages, only the defaults.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

roseda, I appreciate these additional details. What steps have you taken to update the messages? Have you attempted to power cycle the GizmoWatch since you last updated these edited text messages? Please refer to the following link on how to manage the text messages within the GizmoHub app: http://spr.ly/6602EjjcM

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
roseds

Yes, i've reset the watches multiple times, but it has no effect.  The link you shared goes to a page that says "oops we can't find that page".  If it's just supposed to be a link to the gizmohub guide, it doesn't help as the steps in that guide don't work.

0 Likes
roseds

Not sure what changed but the watches finally updated with my custom text messages.  I've been trying for a week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

roseds, thanks for checking back in with us regarding the updates with your text messages not syncing to the GizmoWatch. I'm glad things are now working and appreciate all your efforts. We apologize the prior link didn't work, please use the one attached here for future reference: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-219809/

Please keep us posted if you need anything else going forward.

AlanS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes